Tuesday, December 04, 2007

This evening Caroline decided to pretend to be a pig. By sticking Play-Doh up her nose. I'm not sure what a nose full of Play-Doh has to do with being a pig, but Caroline seemed pretty proud that she figured it out and baffled that I was less than impressed.

I attempted to use my nasal-crayon extraction method from 2006, but sadly, pressing above the obstruction inside the nostril was ineffective, most likely because of the physical properties of a crayon vs. Play-Doh. My bad. Next, I tried to get Caroline to blow it out of her nose - which resulted in her trying to breath through her nose, which resulted in panic, which resulted in my desperately trying to remove the Play-Doh with my pinky. After about 10 seconds (that felt like an hour) I figured out that my fingers were too big to dig it out themselves, and that Caroline seemed to be doing whatever she could to inhale the Play-Doh and/or shove it into her sinuses, and I managed to extract all of the pink goo using some handy tweezers.

Good times. Tonight I got to pick someone else's nose. Ah, the joys of motherhood.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I just googled "how to remove play-doh from child's nose." There is currently no internet guidance on this issue, so I think this post is good - not just to let Caroline remember the panic she once caused you, but as a greater public service to the cyber community on how best to remove play-doh from a child's nose.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, though. Personally, I would have had a heart attack.

December 05, 2007 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Since October 1, 2004
Web-Counter