Monday, May 18, 2009

So Caroline is now 5. We just played a game of Go Fish before her bedtime. She's become quite a mathlete of late - adding numbers and subtracting and whatnot.

I don't know why HER 5th bday is making me a little sad. I mean, let's face it, I love the bejeezus out of my girl, and I'm digging watching her grow up. It's incredible how smart and cool she can be...I don't miss diapers or sleepless nights... But I'm starting to realize that I only have a few years left of having this sweet little muchkin cuddle and love me for no reaons at all. I mean, even if she were up for snuggling, sometime after she's 10 or so, that just gets a little...weird.

So now my angst is how to maximize my time/energy with her while she digs it to help drive her into a good, strong, confident place before she gets washed away into the swirling cess pool that is Jr. High. and I lose her for a few long, worrysome years.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I see why you're worried or sad. You have a kid now, not a baby. She's going to kindergarden this year, out in the 'real' world. And the rea; world is a scary place for a kid, teen, and adult.

But Caroline will be ok. She's got you guys. Even if she doesn't want to cuddle you - or acknowledge you - in a few years, she'll still have you. That'll make it all ok for her in the long run. As awful as I thought the whole junior high/high school thing was, having parents who cared is probably why I ultimately survived it. Same will go for Caroline.

I don't want to say anything trite, like "you're doing a great job," but you are. So we'll just leave that unsaid, ok?

May 19, 2009 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Since October 1, 2004
Web-Counter