Friday, July 04, 2008

(This is Cheryl.) We had another cookout on Thursday night, continuing to invite an increasing # and diversity of guests. We're breaking out beyond the standard 3 couples -- mostly because I (Cheryl) am less and less concerned that we will be negatively judged for our having lived in our home for 2+ years without decorating or figuring out when the right time will be to fully unpack. I even dared to invite some coworkers and their respective families, although these coworkers in particular were not available on the night in question.

Pictured here are Emma, Jack, Annie, and Ellie in the foreground...Caroline and Shane are huddled on the platform next to the slide eating dinner. Alec was here, as well. Not sure where he was at this particular time.

EDIT: (Thanks, Esbee. You've earned an overdue re-invite to a future backyard occasion. Alec is, indeed, behind Emma in this pic. I totally missed him!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

He's behind Emma, I think.

Happy Fourth!

July 05, 2008 8:03 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

He is indeed.

July 05, 2008 8:28 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

"mostly because I (Cheryl) am less and less concerned that we will be negatively judged for our having lived in our home for 2+ years without decorating or figuring out when the right time will be to fully unpack."

Fully unpack? Fully unpacking is just silly. When you eventually move, you'll just have to pack it all up again, which I am finding is a HUGE pain in the rear. I say: STAY PACKED! And don't buy any more stuff, because then you'll just have to pack it up again. Then, the next time you move, be it in 2 years or 30, you can just have the movers walk in and take the boxes out.

Also, when you die at the ripe old age of 102, 80-year-old Caroline can finally open those boxes, and say in amazement or disgust, depending on how she turns out, "Wow! I can't believe my folks kept all this stuff all these years."

And, if you decorate. . . that's just more stuff to eventually pack. I've been packing my house up for 4 days now, and, so far, I haven't packed up anything that we "use." It's just been decor. I think 4 days worth of decor is just a little too much decor, know what I mean?

Glad to see you guys posting regularly again. We miss you when you're away.

July 06, 2008 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Since October 1, 2004
Web-Counter