Sunday, June 10, 2007

This is Cheryl. Caroline had a rather eventful day. She woke around 7am, completed some Sponge Bob puzzles, and then downed her customary two waffles smothered in butter and syrup. We then scored Daddy a bagel with cream cheese, lox, capers, onions, and tomatoes and stocked up on new bagels for the week. Next we went to see Surf's Up. I thought it was absolutely fantastic, even though Caroline seemed to miss the finer points. Perhaps the documentary style wasn't really aimed at the toddler audience.

This afternoon, we managed to actually find my lost suitcase at GSO, which was pretty freakin' sweet, and then we hit the park for some bike time. Caroline declared that she "rides awesome" (sic), and I have to agree. She's now watching some BC (that's Blue's Clues for the uninitiated) and getting ready for bed.

I'm getting ready for the last-ever episode of the brilliant HBO series The Sopranos. Over dinner and drinks on Friday night, I discussed with my similarly stranded co-workers* paying homage to Tony by wearing a bathrobe and slippers and carrying a Star Ledger through DTW. On Saturday am, cooler heads prevailed. I will instead pay homage to Tony tonight by thinking about raw meat and having a panic attack and then taking the cash register at the Bing and beating the f*^&#*^ing dickens out of the bouncer when he looks at me funny. Caroline does not approve of this course of action, but it just feels right.

*I was supposed to come home from my Detroit trip on Friday afternoon, but our flight was cancelled. We all had separate flights back home to various North Carolina airports through various other cities on Saturday. Mine was the latest. The thought of walking through security in a robe and slippers looking completely dissheveled was hilariousafter a couple glasses of wine. It wasn't quite that funny on Saturday when I faced 8 hours of stand-by attempts and renting a car and driving all the way back to Winston. It's funny again now, though. Still, glad I played it straight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

translate: "bing"

I'm having a Woodchuck, so it may be perfectly obvious and I'm just cider-affected.

June 10, 2007 8:25 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

She means the Bada Bing, a fictional strip club in the Sopranos. I'm glad the series is ending - I wasn't a fan, and it interrupts the one block of programming a week that I like watching.

June 10, 2007 8:40 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Yeah, I never watched it, primarily because we don't get HBO. I also was Sex and the Cityless. For that, I am truly grateful.

What's your one block of programming?

June 10, 2007 8:47 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Well -- no worries, nothing happened. The end was basically a big question mark.

Jay watches much much more cerebral programmming with The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad. Those are well-written, funny, and they have an ending.

Jay wrote the above part (2nd paragraph). He is, however, mostly correct. I always found Tony & crew to be really interesting, deep, and entertaining. Sadly, the ending left a bad taste in my mouth.

June 10, 2007 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Since October 1, 2004
Web-Counter