Saturday, February 24, 2007

We went to the mall tonight for some dinner and window shopping. Caroline was good for about 1/2 hour, and then she launched into super-annoying, angry toddler mode. There was even a lay-on-the-floor-and-scream moment. I then devolved into super-annoying, angry mom mode. It was most unpleasant - especially for Jay.

However, tonight during bedtime, Caroline managed to melt my icy, angry heart. Every night, I tell her a few stories and sing some songs while I rock her before she hits the crib. Sometimes (like tonight) I run out of acceptable* songs to sing, so I sing "Can't Help Falling in Love" because I know all the words and the tune. Tonight for the first time, Caroline sang along loudly, and when we got to the chorus, she threw her arms around my neck and hugged me and yelled the words. It was the cutest thing ever. Sadly, I didn't record it. Maybe tomorrow -- if it's acceptable.

*"Acceptable" = not met with yelps of displeasure. One can rarely predict which songs will be acceptable to Caroline on any given night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Since October 1, 2004
Web-Counter