Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Caroline celebrated my 4th (4th!!!) 29th B-day today in style. She sported a fabulous blue headband around her head most of the day, and rejoiced when I brought her the balloon my coworkers gave me this morning. We dined at Red Lobster. Though the service was good, I don't ever need to go back until I get another gift certificate - one of which prompted this visit. I enjoyed the cheesy bread, but the seafood seemed to be less flavorful and less well-prepared than the frozen fare we can source and bake from Costco. Also, Caroline's macaroni and cheese appeared to be of the Kraft variety. Don't get me wrong - I dig me some Kraft Dinner - but at a restaurant? Can't they throw in some other pasta and some shredded cheddar? Something? Really. Not cool.

Anyway, in short, I had a fabulous day. And I know this is tangentially related to our titular heroine Caroline, but I think she'll forgive me. She was fabulous herself and sang me "Happy Birthday" ad nauseum during the few hours we had together. Caroline, is indeed, OK.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cheryl.

See you in a few weeks...

James & Ewa

September 27, 2006 11:47 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Cheryl,
My philosophy with age has been that life begins at 30 (well for me anyway) all the good things I've accomplished have been after I turned 30. You should take the leap the waters not bad at all.

Adam

September 28, 2006 8:31 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Happy birthday, Cheryl!

If I were you, I'd be bragging about being over thirty. You look awesome, have a good job, a lovely house, and a gorgeous family. I'd revel in it if I were you.

I, however, am staying 29 until I become even remotely successful at something.

Happy birthday!

September 28, 2006 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Since October 1, 2004
Web-Counter