Tuesday, April 05, 2005

We're overdue for Mom's little update on Caroline's development:

1. She walks. Well. She can also crawl around like a champ.
2. She lets herself out into the restricted zone by pushing on the SuperYard XT (aka the Freedom Perimeter) when she desires more liberty. It's unnerving to see a wee person move a sheet of plastic that is about 4x her size.
3. She talks. Ok...I'm probably exaggerating a bit, but the girl does say a few words on and off, and understands simple commands. When she wants to. Just like her daddy.
4. The sleeping? Trouble. We're trying to break her again and get her to sleep in her crib, but she's wearing us down with her ability to sit up and stay awake for what is probably hours. Poor thing. Her Grandma Zukowski believes we are making her distrust us; we believe that we need to sleep in order to be good parents, and that her explicit trust of us during the day signifies that Grandma's fears are unnecessary.
5. Breastfeeding is over. I'm a little sad...but I've learned that you can lead a baby to the breast, but you can't make her drink. She's finished, and I've accepted that.

And if anyone has tips on teaching a strong-willed, super-active baby who hates formula how to drink water from a sippy cup, we're all ears. Caroline needs fluids, and we worry (probably unnecessarily) that she isn't getting enough. No signs of problems, but summer is coming, and I want to keep my girl well-hydrated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

The reason I don't want Caroline to co-sleep is not because she keeps me awake - it's because she's crawled out of bed while I was asleep. Very lame. And rails won't help; I suspect she'd either crawl around or over them (no rails I've seen are as high as her crib rails). It's very hard to hear her cry and watch her suffer, but much much harder to wake up with her screaming on the floor next to the bed.

April 05, 2005 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Since October 1, 2004
Web-Counter