Thursday, December 30, 2004

So here we are, back in Winston. Our house is now filled with toys and bags filled with new duds for the wee one. Again, Caroline has extremely giving friends and family members, and Jay and I constantly appreciate their unexpected and generous gifts.

Caroline is currently napping after a third night of needy, sick non-restful slumber. Attempts to lay her in her crib last night were met with blood-curdling shrieks of terror. After 20 minutes of her howls left me feeling like a cruel beast, I relented and let her into our bed. She would only sleep when clinging desperately to me -- efforts to put her a bit to my side so I could sleep were met with the aforementioned cries. This could be problematic for Jay when I head out of the country for a few days to attend my friend Emily's wedding in Cabo San Lucas. Hopefully, I will be out of sight and, therefore, out of mind for the 67 or so hours (but who's counting?) we will be separated so she and Jay can get some much needed rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Since October 1, 2004
Web-Counter